Welcome To Fairy童Tales话: The New Era
The Loner's Story
<body>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Ah Boys to Men: Movie Review

Ah Boys to Men - A new Jack Neo's movie to commemorate Singapore's 45th National Service. It depicts how life would be if Singapore is to be attacked by invaders, and the story of life of every Singaporean Sons, who begin their National Service (NS) as a recruit in Palau Tekong.

In my opinion, I like this movie very much. The main character, Ken, is somehow just like me. His negative thinking towards NS is the same as me. Always thinking why must I serve NS, and etc? What makes me really different from him is that, I have the continuous support of my wifey during these times, when I still have difficulty adapting to NS life. She is the one that turns all my negative aura to positive. She is the one that pushes me to look at every challenges that I faced in a positive ways. Her scoldings, etc, slaps me awake, and allows me to be stronger as a man. The simulated war in Singapore, makes me think what I really want to protect during wartime. The answers? All my loved ones, including my wifey, family etc. The movie really makes me think through a lot. I may be just a POL storeman, but without us, military vehicles cannot moves the combatants to the frontline. I really despise those who migrated, instead of staying in Singapore to protect their roots. Whatever reasons they may have, or should I say, they shouldn't even have any reasons to escape NS. I am here, as a man and as a soldier, to protect what is important to me. NS is when Boys Become Men.


7 SAF Cores Values: Loyalty to Country, Leadership, Discipline, Professionalism, Fighting Spirit, Ethics, Care for Soldiers


DarKnight @ 2:20 AM