Welcome To Fairy童Tales话: The New Era
The Loner's Story
<body>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sunday, March 29, 2015
Tribute to Singapore's Founding Father, Mr Lee Kwan Yew

Mr. Lee Kwan Yew, Singapore's first Prime Minister, and as many of us will regards him as, the founding father of modern Singapore, died at SGH on 23rd March 2015, at 3.18am.

Over the course of 7 days, from 23rd March to 29 March, I had seen many condolences by the public. However, when there are love, there will be hatred. I had not seen Mr. Lee in my life before, but I do know that, without him, Singapore would not be where she is now. Quoting a statement from the statesman himself, "I have spent my life so much of it, building up this country. There is nothing more I need to do. At the end of the day, what have I got? A successful Singapore. What have I given up? My life." It is true not many of us agrees with his policy. But to build a country out of an island with limited natural resources, it is never easy. We have a safe place to live in, all thanks to this one man. Quoted from WWE's (World Wrestling Entertainment) facebook page, "In honour of the man that could lift up an entire nation." Because of this man, Singapore is widely recognized in this world. 

Last Friday, I went to the parliament house to pay my last respect to Mr. Lee. Although I knew it would be a long wait, but somehow in my heart, I felt there was a need to do so, even it meant having to queue long hours, or even sacrificing my sleep. Like some comments which I had read online or even watched on TV, Mr. Lee had sacrificed his entire life, dedicating to the well-being of Singapore and her citizens. What is 8-10 hours of waiting time? I also came across a video by an attention seeker youtuber, by the name of Amos Yee, who criticized Mr. Lee, and for some other people, they even compared him to Hitler or some of the infamous dictators in history. My question is... Did he initiate a war or condemned any religions in Singapore, like what Hitler did to the Jews when he ruled Germany during the period of World War 2? You only hate someone when there is a valid reason too, but if you hate just because he restricted you for the well-being of individuals, then I can say that you are immature.

He built us a place where we can called home. He protected us like his children from external threats. He controlled us, restricted us, just like any parents would do to make their children a better person. Singapore is safe cos of his unforgiving handling of threats that may threatened the well-being of Singaporeans. From a third world country to a first world country, I urged anyone who made criticisms of him to think if you can do the same. If not, you have no rights at all to make such a comment, let alone having that freedom of speech.

Last but not least... Rest In Peace, Mr. Lee Kwan Yew. We, Singaporeans, will always remember you~




DarKnight @ 6:13 PM