Welcome To Fairy童Tales话: The New Era
The Loner's Story
<body>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Friday, October 28, 2016
Post-UOB Days - My Experience As A System Analyst Thus Far

It had been 2 weeks since I left UOB, and now I am in SCB (Standard Chartered Bank Singapore). Being a System Analyst is like a dream come true for me, although I am not Javascript-trained since I studied C# and VB (Visual Basic) instead when I was in Polytechnic. But anyway, it is a new start for me, and as for now, I am happy to be part of SCB. Point to note though: It is in Changi Business Park (aka CBP for short), which means for me it's an hour ride from my place to work. But luckily for me, there are shuttle buses cater to us at Jurong East, so I need not have to worry about the distance :)

Though I had left UOB, I still keep in contact with my ex-colleagues, especially those temps who were same as me. I could not have done it without them. And also those perm staff there, as well as my ex-supervisor. If not for her, I might have left earlier. Actually, the reason I decided to join SCB is cos she left. As to the extent of my knowledge, she had been in UOB for quite long, and she is the last person we would all expect to resign from there. To me (or maybe the temps as well), she is like a mother-figure to us. Over the duration of 1.5 year, I had seen many people resigned. The turnover rate is high and yet the management is doing almost nothing to help the employees. This may also be the reason why I had seen many people decided to resign over the duration of 1.5 year. Of course, I can't forget to give a special mention to the one who brought me into UOB. Though he left as well, but without him giving me a nod and decided to hire me as a temp through Recruit Express, I would not be where I am today.

With that being said, I can't let my current line manager down either. He trusted me although I had told him and the HR that I had zero knowledge in Javascript. Despite all these, he decided to hire me as a System Analyst alongside with another of my current colleagues. He believed that I will be able to pick up Javascript fast due to the fact that I had some knowledge in programming with C#, with the help of my that current colleague. But most importantly, I believe what he believed in me.

Image result for standard chartered singapore liverpool


DarKnight @ 11:31 PM