Saturday, December 31, 2016
The 2016 Rewind
2016 is coming to an end in just 1.5 more hours. And to be honest, 2016 is kinda dull and it was not off a good start. But let's keep this short and sweet since nothing much to update either for 2016.
Bad start of 2016
Well, like I mentioned before, it was not a good start of 2016 for me. Had a huge argument with my parent and up to now, I still feel a bit of awkwardness. I know other people might reprimand me for holding a grudge for so long, but unless you were in my shoes, you won't be able to understand the sharpness of those words that came out of his mouth, despite me being his son. That spike in my heart, it still hurts till this very day. And it really took a lot from me to be able to speak with him again, like normal parent-son would.
Transition from UOB - SCB
1.5 years in UOB as a contract staff under an agency. There are a lot of cultural differences working in UOB and SCB. I am glad I am able to have this chance of working in SCB, and what's more is working as a much more challenging job scope, which really makes me feel like pulling my hairs off. sometimes. But nevertheless, working with the bunch of fun people are well, lots more fun. No matter we are contractual or a perm, we are all the same in SCB. In UOB, the team head, which so happened to be the temps' supervisor, after the previous supervisor resigned, really treated us like someone invisible. Only noticed us when she needed something or wanted us to help with anything. That's what I hate the most. And what's more, an increment of $200 also took them 3 months to confirm. In fact, even till the time I left UOB, the increment was still of no news. The cultural shock is real but I like it better in SCB. Workload wise? Well, there are nothing to complain about cos if there are no workloads, why would companies even want to hire right? And one more thing, I used to complain about those IT people not keeping the servers working, but now that it is down to me, I need to learn and adapt fast, so I won't get any complaints from anyone :p
5 years of Relationship
Time really flies, and it is hard to believe that as of last Wednesday (28th December), my gf and I are into 5 years and 1 month of our relationship. Feel blessed to have her in my life. Now, I really can't imagine my life without her. I would not know where I will be if not for her. She had become part of me without me even knowing. I heard my mother said that heaven is never fair. Well, heaven is fair to those who worked the hardest, and yet to be recognized. If you lose something, it will repay you back with something else better. And yes it did. I will cherish every moment that I had with her no matter what the situations may be.
1 more hour to 2017. I hereby wish everyone a very Happy New Year 2017 :)
DarKnight @ 11:09 PM





