Welcome To Fairy童Tales话: The New Era
The Loner's Story
<body>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thursday, January 26, 2017
The Meaning Behind 'Business Solutions'

Been in SCB for 3 months now. As a used-to-be end user of a IT system, it certainly annoyed me when the system which supposed to help us, becomes a burden to us. I remember back when I was in UOB, the system really annoyed me a lot. On the surface, it may have automated almost everything but behind the scene, we will still need to do some manual work. I also remembered how I used to preferred doing the work manually, as compare to using the system. One primary reason is that the system did not help us at all but create for issues for us.

Now in SCB, being part of the business solutions team, I feel that I have the obligations to make the work process much smoothly and easier for my colleagues. That first time when that obligation really fell hard on me, is when the system went down, and daily work had been interrupted. With no help from anyone (cos my boss on blocked leave, and my other colleague is on urgent leave), to be honest, I am damn right stressful. It just felt that the entire responsibility was on me. Knowing little to nothing of how the server and the system work, as most of the changes and coding are done by my that other colleague and those who had left, I managed to get it up and running again. It was that time I felt relieved, and can only hope that the server would not go down again for that day.

Fast forward to today, I understand how much inconvenient it gets others into, especially during peak period. I was a bit discourage when they said they wanted to return to manual style. It really got me thinking today about what the 2 words, "Business Solutions", is about. It is about providing convenience and solutions for the people through the use of IT, reducing their workload and time, so that they will be more efficient and the company gains as a whole. But so far from what I had seen and heard, our system kept giving problems, and all we did was to give temporary solutions. It is no wonder people are getting frustrated. I really can't do anything cos I didn't know what changes was made, and if I were to make any changes, will it affect the workflow even more? But what I do know is, to research and provide a better solution to the printing automation issues as of now.

That satisfaction when you get things done and manage to help others through the use of your system, is just satisfying and as though you had unlocked some achievements. And this is what I had been looking for for a long time, and now I want to cherish it.


DarKnight @ 10:11 PM