Welcome To Fairy童Tales话: The New Era
The Loner's Story
<body>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Fairy童Tales话 Special Edition: The Proposal

Well, I had been planning and planning non-stop since April, which is the start of the "Circuit Breaker" ("CB") period. It finally happened last Sunday (28 June 2020). It was nerve-wrecking leading up to that day. And it is a YES!

I always mentioned that me and her are somehow alike, but the only difference is that I need to fight everything that I want myself, while for her, her father is always there for her. That is why before the proposal, I met her father that early morning, and told him my plan for that day. I also spoke to her younger brother too. In conclusion, her family has no objections at all, as long as I treat her well. The fact that people assumed having no work means being lazy, or being a burden, but this is far from the truth. I had been in relationships, and I had been hurt many times. All I want is for someone to love me for who I am, and to be appreciated. No matter how much I tried, all things seem to go south. I am tired of it, and slowly I am becoming someone who don't care much. In the first few months of the relationship, I really don't care how long we can last. My thoughts, at that moment, were that if things went well, good for me, but if not, at least there is this part of me which will protect me from being as hurtful as my last relationship. I believe she felt the same way, as she told me not to fall too much in love with her, given her last relationships being fruitless (I guess?). Everyone had been congratulating me. To be honest I am not sure how to react. I am happy, and really want to share this news with the whole world, but at the same time, everything seems surreal too. It is a mixture of feelings.

My fiancee, Jolene, unlike other girls, she is not the type of materialistic person. She don't really fancy rings and flowers for a proposal. She even told me off (in a soft tone) for buying her a bouquet of roses, even if she already told me she don't like flowers, and already told me not to buy her one. But as a guy, I should at least show how much she meant to me, and how much I want this relationship to progress on. I also told her maybe someday we can go and pick up a pair of rings, but she said that she told me before that she don't like to wear rings (and yes! she did told me before). I told her we buy but we do not need to wear it 24 hours, but maybe just when we are outside.

All in all, the proposal is a success. However, from this point on, things are going to get tough for me, for her, and for us as a couple, regardless of financially, emotionally or maybe even physically. You know what they say: "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!"


DarKnight @ 12:45 AM